Facebook is the most widely used social media platform all around the world. Billions of people use this platform from all around the world. People use Facebook to share their moments with their friends and family. Facebook also has its own messaging application. This application is called Messenger. Almost everyone who uses Facebook uses the messenger application too. Many users are not accustomed to technology, especially elder people. Such users can find difficulties while using the new features of an application. This article is for those people. Here, we will talk about who to wave on Facebook messenger.
- You wave on Facebook messenger automatically when you add a new contact:
- Whenever someone adds a new contact to their messenger, they will get a notification from the Messenger. On opening this notification, you will see a message that your friend is waving at you. Then, there is another waving icon. When you tap on this icon, you will wave back to that person. But, the sad part is, you will get to do so only for onetime.
- Wave on Facebook to anyone online on Messenger:
- If you want to wave at someone on Messenger whom you talked a while ago, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Open the Messenger application and then click on the icon that looks like two people. (this icon is available at the middle in the top of the screen)
- Then, select the Contacts tab from the new window.
- Now, on the top of the screen, tap on the option Active. Now, you will see a list of those who are online on Messenger.
- Go to the name of the person whom you want to wave. Just in the right of that name you will find an icon of Hand, tap on this icon and you have sent a wave to that friend.
- Wave to someone on Facebook Messenger using the Facebook Website:
- It is even easier to wave when you are using Facebook through the website. You can do it by following the instructions mentioned below:
- Log in to your Facebook account using a browser.
- Then, you will see a list of contacts will appear on the right side of the screen. That is the list of persons who use Messenger.
- Move your cursor to the name of the person whom you want to wave on Facebook Messenger.
- Then, you will see a grey hand icon just next to that name. Click on that hand icon, and that person would receive a yellow hand animation from you.
- How to delete the wave that you have sent to someone:
- If you have sent the waving hand animation to someone by mistake, you can delete it by following the steps mentioned below:
- Open your chat with that person.
- Tap and hold the emoji of Hand, then you will see an option to remove it. Click on this option and wave icon will be deleted from both of your chats.
In this article, we have mentioned ways to help you wave on Facebook messenger. You can use some other ways to make your conversation even better. You can use emojis. All you have to do is to tap on the smiling face icon that is available near the text field, and you will see a list of emojis. If you find any difficulty in any of your online interactions, you may contact us through our website. You can also call us on our toll-free number. We have a team of experts who will talk to you and resolve your issues.
Contact: +1 888 509 9555
Read more:- Facebook News Feed not Loading on iPhone