Many times, Facebook users get bored from Facebook randomly switching the Newsfeed from “Most Recent” to “Top Stories”. To resolve the issue of Facebook keeps going back to newsfeed, read this full article.
You can stop Facebook keeps going back to newsfeed with the help of a third-party browser add-on known as Social Fixer.
You also have an option to disable auto-switching to “Top Stories” from the Facebook settings without installing any other software on your computer.
You can also stop Facebook keeps going back to newsfeed by going to Google and typing stop Facebook from switching to top stories into the search box. You will get a list of links that has user complaints in Facebook’s forums complaining about the issue how to fix Facebook keeps going back to newsfeed.
How newsfeed feature works
The “Top Stories” Newsfeed “feature” works according to their post ranking/hiding algorithm. This algorithm makes sure that companies provide some cash to promote their posts in order to get more fans to see and follow their posts.
You can set your News Feed to ‘Most Recent.’ Go to News Feed and see in left column for a triangle dropdown icon. Click on it. Now go to the right of ‘News Feed’ and select Most Recent.
Methods to fix Facebook keeps going back to newsfeed
Try following fixes to get rid of this issue.
Clear Browser cache and cookies:
Clearing your browser cache and cookies solves many issues including Facebook keeps going back to newsfeed. The methods may differ according to your browser. Follow the steps discussed below to clear browser cache and cookies:
IE browser users follow these steps:
- Go to Internet Explorer.
- Go to the Tools button and click on it. Tools button is a little gear icon on browser toolbar. You may also hold down ALT key and press letter x key. Now click on Internet options.
- Go to Browsing history, click on Delete option.
- Select the types of data you want to remove from your computer. Click on Delete.
Now check the issue is solved or not
Firefox browser users follow these steps to clear cache and cookies:
- Click on Firefox and then go to Preferences (Mac users), or Tools and then Options (Windows usesr).
- Click on the Privacy tab.
- Click to clear your recent history
- Tick Cookies option
- Tick Cache to clear your cache
- Click on Clear now
Chrome browser users:
- Click the Menu button and go to Settings.
- Click on Show advanced settings.
- Scroll down to Privacy
- Click on Clear browsing data…
- Check Cookies and other site and plug-in data
- Check Cached images and files to remove your cache
- Click on Clear browsing data
Safari browser users:
- Click on Safari and go to Preferences.
- Go to the Privacy tab
- Click Remove all website data
- Click on Remove Now
Steps to clear the cache:
- Click on Preferences
- Go to the Advanced tab
- Check Show Develop menu in menu bar
- Click on Develop.
- Click on Empty caches
If still you face the issue Facebook keeps going back to newsfeed, feel free to call on the customer support number.